2.18.2010

Did I Get Married Too Young?

When Amy and I got married, she was newly 23 and I was almost 22. By today's standards, we were pretty young. Compared to 1970, we were just average. I hear a lot of people telling a lot of young people to wait to get married for a plethora of reasons, most having to do with money and an unhealthy approach to what is "normal" (meaning, can you own two cars, a house, lots of nice things in your home and have the possibility of lavishing ridiculous toys and gadgets upon future children).

So it was with much appreciation that I read David Lapp's article in the Wall Street Journal. Read it, but if you must, skip down to the last paragraph and get the gist of his article. I share his view of married life!

HT: Challies and Albert Mohler

3 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Love it! I was 25 and Stephen was 23...all of his co-workers told him he was too young! If you know you who you want to marry...why wait?!?!

Karl said...

Awesome article. I heartily agree that couples who get married at that age need support from their families and church. Early marriage is not a test to prove that they are self-sufficient adults. That kind of pride really sets you up to fall. Even though we haven't gotten to get to know each other that well yet, I'm proud to know you both for your journey together thus far.

stacy said...

are u havin a boy or girl