After Happy's inspiring posts, I thought maybe I should make a resolution to post more on our blog... But then I realized that you have to actually post with some regularity before the resolution to "post more" would apply.
There is a real reason why posting doesn't happen much from my end. The main reason is based on the fact that life for me is just about exactly the same from week to week. I suppose I could share stories about the crazy lady I work with who constantly paces around my cubicle, causing my entire desk to shake and my computer to rock in such a way that I frequently think it's an earthquake... but who really wants to hear about that?
Today was bagel Friday (like every Friday) and (like every Friday) I toasted a sesame seed bagel and put margarine on it. Normally by this time on Fridays I am sitting at the front desk answering phones from 12:30-5PM. It's really exciting. Today my routine was changed by the mail arriving late, causing the "normal" receptionist to stay a little later in order to sort. I am currently waiting for her to call me so I can go down to my duty.
After work today I'm driving up to meet my mother-in-law for the rest of the drive up to Santa Maria because Mike (Happy's cousin) is getting married tomorrow! Okay, that's more exciting than my work schedule. The best part is my mother-in-law is joining me on the ride so it won't be 3-4 hours of me driving alone in traffic. She's pretty great :-) (I promise I'm not trying to suck up, I really think she's great). Perhaps when we return there will be pictures from the wedding...
Okay, I'm sure I'll be called any minute to leave my post (HA, in two ways) so I'll end here with that excellent pun. Happy weekend!
5 comments:
Why, thanks Amy, I think you are pretty wonderful too! I love you! We had a good time on the trip up to SM; hope I didn't scare you about childbirth!! In less than 15weeks you will have your own childbirth tale to tell........can't wait :) Love, Mom
You didn't scare me at all. I really enjoyed the trip up and learning from your experiences :-) I'm hoping you're right about less than 15 weeks.... It would be nice to be close to my due date..... :-D Thank you again for joining me on the drive! I love you!
Love, Amy
I think you're mother-in-law is pretty great, too!
Soon to be Grandpa Gilmore
Woah! He's finally ready to call himself Grandpa! Call the papers! Note the date!
boy or girl baby
Post a Comment