1.12.2010

2009 Reading

For those interested, here's my reading list from 2009. I just missed 50 books for the third year in a row. When at first you don't succeed . . . up the ante! My goal for 2010 is 60 books. Excuse me, but I have some reading to do.

1. Atheism Remix by Albert Mohler

2. Darth Bane: Rule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn

3. A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards

4. Desire and Deceit by Albert Mohler

5. Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn

6. Christian Psychology’s War on God’s Word by Jim Owen

7. A Little Exercise for Young Theologians by Helmut Thielicke

8. A Skeleton in God’s Closet by Paul Maier

9. Research Strategies by William B. Badke

10. Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond ed. By Darrell Bock

11. Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders

12. Unfinished Business by Greg Odgen

13. Spectacular Sins by John Piper

14 The Church in God’s Program by Robert Saucy

15. The Brethren by John Grisham

16. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

17. Christian Beliefs by Wayne Grudem

18. Life of Pi by Yann Martel

19. What is a Healthy Church? by Mark Dever

20. A Tale of Two Sons by John MacArthur

21. Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur

22. 1812: The War that Forged a Nation by Walter R. Borneman

23. How to Thrive in Associate Staff Ministry by Kevin Lawson

24. Moving On Moving Forward by Michael Anthony and Mick Boersma

25. Finally Alive by John Piper

26. The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

27. The Transforming Community by Mark Lauterbach

28. Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

29. Chosen by God by R.C. Sproul

30. Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin

31. Believer’s Baptism ed. by Thomas R. Schreiner and Shawn D. Wright

32. A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson

33. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

34. The Shack by William P. Young

35. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather

36. Get Outta My Face! by Rick Horne

37. The Truth War by John MacArthur

38. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain

39. Show Them No Mercy ed. by Stanley N. Gundry

40. Crazy Love by Francis Chan

41. Knowing God by J.I. Packer

42. Desiring God by John Piper

43. Moral Choices by Scott Rae

44. The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence

45. What is a Healthy Church Member? by Thabiti Anyabwile

46. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

47. The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World by John Piper and Justin Taylor

Non-Fiction - 34

Fiction - 13

8 comments:

Unknown said...

"Till We Have Faces" is one of my favorites!

Scott and Amanda Johnson said...

Glad to see some African literature in there! Things Fall Apart is a great book!

Michael said...

I have just discovered your blog... and I have to say I have only read about 4 of those on your list. You should add my wife's book to your list...

Karl said...

You're an inspiration to make the time to read this much. I listen to books on CD from the library on my long drives around the Central Valley and down to Orange County, but I probably only got about 10 in this year. I'll have to track it for 2010 and aim to do better.

Eric Durso said...

Which books would you recommend to me?

Anonymous said...

I would talk some smack, but your reading choices tend to be a bit...how shall we say it...more top shelf than mine? A bit more... intellectual?
~Mike Parker

Anonymous said...

My son,

Looking ahead to 2011, let me suggest any book written by David McCullough. Great biographies and non-fiction by one of the premier writers.

Dad

Happy said...

Thanks Dad, I actually got Truman for Christmas so hopefully that will be on the list for 2010!