This is for you, Lisa. And if you want a few more pictures, they are on the second Web Album in the sidebar. Wow, I've posted twice in one month!
Tonight we're having dinner at the home of a family at our church. The husband/dad has a personality very similar to Happy's and, we've been told, makes some really good meat. I'm looking forward to the evening, which I'm sure will be filled with laughter and really, really great jokes :-)
Tomorrow morning we'll be helping some friends move to an apartment just down the street from their current abode. I think we have a free Saturday night after the move.... whoa.... more than likely it will be filled with homework. Some times I think back on college and wonder why I thought life after college would include more free time. Does life ever slow down? My co-worker told me yesterday that she thinks we are always busy. I sort of just stared blankly at her. Some days I need a reminder of why I do all the things I do, but most days I don't even think about it. What a blessing to be a part of a church where we can stretch ourselves and serve others with joy!
As a youth group, Happy challenged us to read through the Bible in a year. Right now we're in Proverbs and Titus. It's been a little while since I've read Proverbs, but it's pretty much killing me every time I read it--mostly in the wisdom area. How much I have to learn! I'm thankful for all the examples of wise people the Lord has put in my life (one of them being my husband!), but I look forward to heaven even more when I see these glimpses of how far off I really am. Praise the Lord that His mercies are new every morning!
2 comments:
So... I looked at web album 2 and do not see said pictures. Am I missing something??
Wow! Four whole days have gone by before I checked your blog. I am really liking the haircut Amy. Love, Mom
Post a Comment